- In Progress
- Alliance Competition:
- Code due December 1, 2013
- Virtual Finals:
- Code due December 15, 2013
What do I need?
To use our tools:
Create a Zero Robotics account to get access to our SPHERES development tools.
Install Adobe Flash plugin to run our simulator.
To form a team:
Find at least four other students who have Zero Robotics accounts
Find A mentor affiliated with your school or program. Looking for a mentor? Try our forum.
A place and time to meet on a regular basis. Your mentor should help with this.
No funding is required to join the program, but if your team qualifies for the final championship, you will need to raise funds to travel to MIT for the live ISS event.
- Register for one of our tournaments and show off your skills!
- Once you have an account, you can play past games using the ZeroRobotics IDE.
- Want to know more about writing programs? Read our tutorials section.
- Join the discussion forum to get help finding a mentor and other teammates to collaborate with.
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I do this if I don't know C++?
For many students, Zero Robotics is their first encounter with C++. We hope that we can provide you with an opportunity to learn C++ from our online material and by finding a good mentor that knows a bit about programming. Not everyone on the team needs to be a programmer either. Teams need strategists and schedule managers to function optimally. There's plenty to do!
Can graduating seniors participate in high school competitions?
Congratulations! Yes, graduating seniors can participate as mentors for their high school team.
How do I find a mentor?
Ask a teacher if they would be interested, you might have luck with someone who teaches computers, math or science. Alternatively, hang out in our discussion forum and ask around.
Do we have to use the online editor?
Nope! You can use any editor you want, including Visual Studio. To run a simulation you must use our online tools. You can just copy and paste into our editor.