What you need as a mentor
- Create a Zero Robotics account.
- You would be mentoring 5-20 students from your local area.
- Programming experience is a major plus. Many teams have no programming experience. Teams need help getting started with C++.
- A room at your school or local library for your team to meet on a regular basis. Teams work best if they're able to meet physically.
- Time to work with your team on a regular basis. We have starter materials and activities available in our tutorials section.
- Create an account. Everyone participating on a team must have an account on our website.
- Can't find a team? Try the discussion forum.
- Have a team? Register for a tournament
1. Visit the active tournaments page.
2. Find an eligable tournament and click the Register button.
3. Complete the application form.
4. An acceptance email should arrive within 3 business days.
5. Complete team registration using the link in the acceptance email.
6. Choose a team name.
7. On the Resources > Team Management page add team members by sending invitations
8. Fill in team profile details
Frequently Asked Questions
Must mentors be affiliated with their school?
We prefer that the team's primary mentor be affiliated in some way with a school or club. Additional outside mentors from professional organizations, schools or companies are encouraged.
Do mentors have to have experience with SPHERES?
No, mentors need not have prior experience with SPHERES or Zero Robotics. For best results, at least one mentor should have some general programming experience.